hey!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Lezard2
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

hey!!!

Post by Lezard2 »

Hey everyone, i'm thinking of playing again but wondering how much pc power i need for the new expansions?
Lezard Inyourbed
lvl 95 Arch lich
Eternal Sovereign
fazin

Post by fazin »

It's pretty much the same. You can run on minimal if you enable all the mininum requirements in options. It looks great if you got everything on but you'll need a decent pc.

Probably 1 gig ram and all that. I dunno on the nvidia. you can probably shoot noircogi an email on that since he works for that company and can best provide that answer for you.

But i'm playing fine on the 1.8 mhz 500mb ram with everything minimal. I'm saving my money for a new one though!
Lezard2

Post by Lezard2 »

yeah i got one that can run it fine but i'm wondering if an old p3 450mhz with 448ram can run it, i know i used to play with it before(god all mighty slow zone time but it only had 128 ram before) i'm thinking of getting a new video card for it maybe a fx 5200(50$ish)something just ot help it out some.
Lezard Inyourbed
lvl 95 Arch lich
Eternal Sovereign
fazin

Post by fazin »

Might be okay but you're probably better off getting at least a 1k mhz and you should be okay.

1.8k is what I got and I got okay loading time.

ram is okay too but ideally 1g is what you want.

video card is your call. there's a range you want and I never really care much for turning on all the fancy bells and whistles for the graphics. I was fine with mininum.
Venganse

Re: hey!!!

Post by Venganse »

Lezard2 wrote:Hey everyone, i'm thinking of playing again but wondering how much pc power i need for the new expansions?
Hey there, I'm an IT guy so let me give you some advice if I may....

Trash that comp u listed, you won't run EQ on that these days, not in any kind of enjoyable way atleast.

Best thing is go to tiger direct and build you a new Pc, probly be around $1500 for something state of the art, less if your budget is small like mine :oops:

For under a grand you can probly get dual core, 2gig+ high end MB, a PCI-E vid card and a decent HD. Only state of the art machines can run EQ on full these days, and running it with everything off sucks a monkey, you miss out on alot of neat looking stuff and effects.

I would do like 2gig+ processor(s) atleast 3gigs of ram (more if you run vista, it needs 2gigs just for vista, and can handle over 10gigs, and EQ on full needs 2gigs of ram) a descent motherboard with a BIG frontside bus speed, 100gig+ HD, and a good ATI vid card, nvidea sucks imo always slower then my ATI machines /shrug

Wrap that in a good ventilated, quiet faned case, with around 600watt powersupply.
That will get you EQ on max, and let you play any other game just about on the market.

Good luck :)
homework

Post by homework »

The days of efficient programming are over. XP > Vista. If you have XP all you'll need is 1 gig of RAM per box.

A new cheapy computer ($500) would be ideal IMO, but if it comes with Vista you're screwed. Performance is all about your video card, and RAM.
fazin

Post by fazin »

If you are going to buy a computer. XP would be ideal for (easeness) but if you go with Vista, be sure to remember to run EQ as administrator in order to get it to work in Vista.

Then then that. If you go down the Vista route, what Venganse says make sense.

XP route? go with homework. All you really need is 2ghz cpu with 1g ram and a decent video card and you can pretty much run EQ easily with some graphics features on/off.
Taunto

Post by Taunto »

My laptop runs 2 instances of EQ well on high settings. I got it for like $750 a year ago from Dell. 2 gigs of 667 ram, 120 gig 7200 rpm hard drive, NVIDIA 8600M and a 2 ghz core 2 duo processor. Running Vista seems to suck a bit of performance on gaming rigs. Mostly I just wanted to learn the new operating system since I seem to have to know enough to take care of friends', family's computers by the time they upgrade.

The biggest things to take into consideration with EQ are bus speeds, ram amount/speed, and a decent video card.

ATI sucks and the only one I ever ordered was DOA. I've used NVIDIA ever since and will never ever use an ATI card again.

What Veng says is mostly right, but as far as Vista I thought 4 gb was the limit unless you're running 64 bit? I have been loathe to do anything with 64 bit vista because of driver issues. May work for you, but if if you want to use 3rd party, non-windows certified drivers for any of your software (most pertinent to video cards) stay away from Vista 64.
Venganse

Post by Venganse »

I don't care for vista either but im a boxer and vista has reliably run 10 EQ instances on max settings on 1 machine /shrug othwise its a pita OS with annoying features that can thankfully be defeated. I think its more for the advanced windows user with a deep pocket to max out its performance.

Xp is fine but you need the max ram tbh, which for XP is 2.75 gigs or 3.75 gigs i forget lol
A budget machine gives you budget performace, thats the main thing to remember. I run EQ with most stuff off, and the difference between all off and all on is like a totaly different game.

Everyone has thier preferances for ATI or nvdvia, i don't want to debate them but my expereince running 1 pentium/ati equiped machine and 1 amd/nvdia equiped machine, the amd having higher stats all the way around, has always been consistently slower the my pentuim/ati unit.

Never had any issues with either card not working, just found ATI cards game much faster/smoother then nvidia
Been running 1 of each type of machine since amd came out years ago, to each there own :)
Lezard2

Post by Lezard2 »

cool thanks for the info....short on cash so probably gonna slow down my return :(
Lezard Inyourbed
lvl 95 Arch lich
Eternal Sovereign
fazin

Post by fazin »

no worries lezard.

it's cool you wanna come back. just take your time. we'll still be here and kickin'
opirion

Post by opirion »

Bah try it anyways just turn the crap settings off and in options in game.