help!

Moderator: Moderators

Nizzi
Officer
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

help!

Post by Nizzi »

Anyone know the code to make a sound play in the background of an email, or in a word document?
Kitanajade

Post by Kitanajade »

Maybe this will help you
Kitanajade

Post by Kitanajade »

Nizzi
Officer

Post by Nizzi »

<html>
<body>
<BGSOUND>
</body>
</html>

That is the code I am using, if someone more techincal then me can explain why I am sucking, and it won't work would be appreciated.
Last edited by Nizzi on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nizzi
Officer

Post by Nizzi »

hmm and it tries to work here, interesting (time to break it by taking out < > so dont' yell that it is wrong causeof that)

html
body bgcolor="black" text="white">
EMBED SRC="http://home.earthlink.net/~kellya1211/bitedust.mid" autostart="true" loop="3"
/body
/html
fazin

Post by fazin »

Well the reason why is because it's in a web browser. it's designed to read html coding.

So as such it'll work in emails. But as for word documents. that's where html coding won't work. it's not designed to do so. HOWEVER it'll work if you do insert object...such as a sound file like MIDI or Wav. (if you have a like a yellow bullhorn symbol on the word document. you're on the right track.)

I am not sure how to actually work that into word docs since I never really do much with sound. I have done sound embedments for a NASCAR store (the owner was very very big on having vroom vroom sound on the home page /shrug)

Your coding should works though. bgsound can work just as well as emb src.

If it is not working. Consider saving a copy of the music file and put it in the same folder as the page you're trying to link it to. and just use "whatevermusic.midi"