Cant Start Computer. HELP!

Moderator: Moderators

jokopolo
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Cant Start Computer. HELP!

Post by jokopolo »

So i did this disk clean up last night. Now I turn on my computer this morning and it says its missing or has a corrupt file needed to start the computer. My computer with everquest wont start up now, i tried using the backup disk to install it but it wont run. Any idead how i can get the file back on there?
Ailerdar
Admin

Post by Ailerdar »

If the backup disc is a cd (most are nowadays), you'll have to go into your BIOS and change boot order so that your CD-ROM boots first. Right when your computer starts up, there should be a screen that says 'Press Somekey for system settings/bios/etc' ... different depending on the computer. From there it should be easy. You could also try booting in safe mode... but I don't remember how to do that in XP.
Lotsadamage

Post by Lotsadamage »

Hi Joko,

Posted something on AFKs. Please read that. Hope that helps. Reply with your questions if any.
-Lotsadamage
repthor

Post by repthor »

use win boot cd repair the boot sector that ill make windows start either if it wants to or not and to boot the cd over the hd u have to change the boot order in bios (pressing delete or esc wile your puter is booting thru the bios promt (start up secence)

hope it helps u can also ttry holding down f8 wilee ur disc starts up to get the machine in fail safe mode but your systtem prolly got a curropted boot sector

so run the boot repair that folows windows disc
Time is Money
Money is Power
Power is Fear
Fear is Everywhere