Graphics Problem

Moderator: Moderators

Ailerdar
Admin
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Graphics Problem

Post by Ailerdar »

OK, I just got a new laptop and am trying to set up eq on it. It has decent specs, good enough to where it should be able to, but graphics are going extremely slow. I'm sure this isn't just because of low memory, cause it behaves differently:

- Spell timers are screwed up
When I cast a spell it goes something like this:
1. Cast complete heal
2. Time-to-cast bar appears and drains veeerry slowly (timed for at least 20s, 2x slower than normal)
3. Spells are server-side of course, so the spell casts when it should (10s)
4. Spells are greyed out for at least 2x the time they should be (this is the real problem)

-Movement is slow
No matter what my graphics are set at (models, etc) I run at at least half speed. Even at high graphic settings, animation is very smooth, not choppy like it would be if memory was running out, it's just as if it's in very slow motion.

As far as I can tell other stuff is working fine, other UI elements work, particles work fine (though I have tried with them off), it just seems a timer is off somewhere and I can't figure it out.

The graphics card is an integrated radeon IGP 320m (64mb, sharing 512mb) and other specs well exceed eq's requirements. The graphics probably aren't on eq's supported list but I have a much lesser machine running fine. The laptop is mainly for school so I didn't really consider graphics or anything a high priority and if I can't get eq running it won't be a big deal, but I'd still like to so any advice at all would be helpful.
Salnayil

Post by Salnayil »

Do you have a firewall setup on the laptop? Sounds like the client is just receiving the updates too slow from the server and it may be due to the packets being slowed down by a firewall. Had similiar symptoms when I first installed one awhile ago.
Ailerdar
Admin

Post by Ailerdar »

Nope, no firewall on. And I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure that when I ran by the char on the laptop with my char on my desktop, the movement was synched. Only the char on the laptop is slow.